Siesta Key Cast Speaks Out on ‘Horrific’ Death Threats After Being Wrongly Accused in Shark-Dragging Controversy

Afghanistan in crisis: Why is the region still a hotbed of terrorism and violence?
August 3, 2017
INTERVIEW: Erik Prince: Here’s The Off-Ramp For The War In Afghanistan
August 3, 2017

Siesta Key Cast Speaks Out on ‘Horrific’ Death Threats After Being Wrongly Accused in Shark-Dragging Controversy

MSN

Siesta Key star Alex Kompothecras was at the Key West, Florida, airport about to board a flight when a friend sent him a link to a video that left him disgusted.

“I was, like, ‘Are you kidding me?’ ” Kompothecras, 22, tells PEOPLE of being sent a video of his friend Michael Wenzel and two other men allegedly dragging a shark by its fin behind a boat at high speed. “I was absolutely horrified.”

But by the time the MTV reality star landed in New York City, he was shocked to find that — despite the fact he is not in the video and claims he’s never been on Wenzel’s boat — he had been linked to Wenzel and had begun receiving hate on his social media accounts.

“I started seeing a couple messages on Facebook, like, ‘You’re a piece of cr*p,’ ” he says.

Soon the hate evolved into death threats.

“I got some horrific comments,” says Kompothecras. “My mom took it the hardest. She sobbed for three days in a row because she was scared for me. I couldn’t even go outside to walk my dog. It’s been hectic and scary.”

Facebook page called “Boycott Siesta Key MTV” was created and a protest was planned for the premiere party on Monday night. After death threats were allegedly directed at a cast member, the local premiere was canceled.

Kompothecras says the hardest part of the entire experience has been watching his family, friends and cast mates be dragged into the scandal with him…Read More

Lakeem Khodra
Lakeem Khodra
News Writer/Contributor at Tyranny News @lakeemk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *