The medical CIA: how environmental destruction magically becomes a medical diseaseDecember 21, 2017
Hell freezes over: Media start admitting that Trump’s first year isn’t a flopDecember 21, 2017
Daily Mail Online
McKayla Maroney sues USA Gymnastics claiming they tried to silence her abuse story, contributed to anxiety and depression and cost her MILLIONS of dollars when she was driven from the sport
- McKayla Maroney, 22, filed the lawsuit against USA Gymnastics on Wednesday
- She claims officials paid her to sign a non-disclosure agreement to keep secret the allegations she was abused by team doctor Larry Nassar
- Gold medalist revealed on Twitter in October that Nassar had allegedly molested her for seven years beginning when she was 13
- Maroney reportedly received $1.25 million in the settlement to pay for psychological treatment
- Lawsuit says she suffers from anxiety and depression from the alleged abuse
- It also alleges that Maroney lost millions of dollars because the trauma of the alleged sex abuse drove her from the sport
Olympic gold medalist McKayla Maroney has filed a lawsuit against USA Gymnastics and the United States Olympic Committee accusing them of trying to silence her claims of sexual abuse.
Maroney claims in the lawsuit filed on Wednesday that officials paid her to sign a confidential non-disclosure agreement to keep secret the allegations that she had been sexually abused by former team doctor Larry Nassar.
The 22-year-old revealed on Twitter in October that Nassar had allegedly molested her for seven years beginning when she was 13.
The suit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, says the confidentiality agreement was signed as part of a financial settlement that was finalized as the allegations against Nassar surfaced.
Olympic gold medalist McKayla Maroney filed the…Read More